All the Extras

Now that the cabinets were finished, it was the extra little things that had to be wrapped up.  We installed a light in the shower (where there was nothing).

We took down the old light fixture (Wade does NOT like these kinds of lights!) and replaced with a light above each mirror.  We waited until the very end to do this part, because I did not know how I wanted to do the mirror(s).  While I worked on the rest of the bathroom, I was thinking about what to do here.

I really liked these lights but could not see spending the money on ones like this that were oil-rubbed bronze (like everything else).  These were VERY cheap, so I bought them and spray painted them with the same paint I used on the door knobs.

 

Building Cabinets- The Doors

As I waited for the mortar and grout to set on the counter, I continued working on the doors and drawer facings.  I had these wood knobs, and used a little metallic spray paint and some shellac to make the door knobs.

 

(Taking a break to add the grout.)

Putting the doors together.  I did not make the cuts 45% because I wanted a “farmhouse” kind of look.

I used a table saw to cut out the back so that could glue in beadboard.  I did not use the dame kind that went on the walls, instead this kind is wood that snaps together, so it was double the thickness.

I punted a bit here because I really did not know how i wanted to do this.  I glued on backing board on top of the back (and used a lot of clamps to make sure it stuck!).

Next…putting in the sinks and plumbing…